Please E-mail suggested additions, comments and/or corrections to Kent@MoreLaw.Com.
Case Style: Quashuna Jones v. Lowe's Home Centers, LLC
Case Number: CJ-2015-3839
Judge: Caroline Wall
Court: District Court, Tulsa County, Oklahoma
Plaintiff's Attorney: Don Smolen, Sr.
Defendant's Attorney: No Appearance
Description: Tulsa, OK - Quashuna Jones sued Lowe's Home Centers, LLC on a premises liability theory claiming:
1. That the Plaintiff is a resident of Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma; and that Defendant, LOWE’S HOME CENTERS, LLC, is a corporation organized and existing in the State of North Carolina and doing business in the State of Oklahoma That the complaint alleged herein occurred in Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma, and that this Court has jurisdiction over the parties and subject matter herein
CAUSE OF ACTION
2. On March 13, 2015, Plaintiff, QUASHUNA JONES, while a business invitee of the Defendant, LOWE’S HOME CENTERS, LLC, at its location of 1525 South Yale Avenue in Tulsa, Oklahoma, struck repeatedly about the right hip and right arm by boxes falling from a flat bed which was negligently under the control of a servant, agent or employee of the Defendant.
3. That Plaintiff, QUASHUNA JONES, was injured as a result of the negligence of the Defendant’s servant, agent or employee.
4. When injured, Plaintiff, QUASHUNA JONES, was 40 years old with a life expectancy of
39.6 more years according to the U. S. Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States:
5. Plaintiff, QUASHUNA JONES, has and will incur medical expenses, has and will suffer pain of mind and body, will be permanently impaired and has had her earning capacity impaired.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff, QUASHUNA JONES, prays forjudgment against the Defendant in an amount in of $43,500.00 together with the costs of this action.
No answer was filed by the Defendant.
Outcome: Settled for an undisclosed sum and dismissed with prejudice.