Please E-mail suggested additions, comments and/or corrections to Kent@MoreLaw.Com.
Case Style: Randy G. Duffel v. Saltgrass, Inc. d/b/a Saltgrass Steak House and Ryder Services Corporation
Case Number: CJ-2010-757
Judge: Tracy Schumacher
Court: District Court, Cleveland County, Oklahoma
Plaintiff's Attorney: Barry Davis
Description: Norman, OK - Randy G. Duffel sued Saltgrass, Inc. d/b/a Saltgrass Steak House and Ryder Services Corporation on premises liability theories claiming:
1. He is a resident of Canadian County, Oklahoma.
2. Defendant, Landry's Restaurants, Inc. is a restaurant corporation doing business in Cleveland County, Oklahoma. The occurrence complained of by Plaintiff herein happened in Cleveland County, Oklahoma
3. On or about April 21, 2008 approximately 7:30 p.m., Plaintiff was a business invitee of Defendant at its restaurant located at 650 N. Interstate Drive, Norman, Oklahoma, whereupon he slipped on a wet and greasy floor created by Defendant.
4. At the time of Plaintiff's fall, Defendant owed Plaintiff a duty of ordinary care to keep its premises reasonably safe and to warn and protect him from any hidden or latent dangers which might cause bodily injury. Defendant breached its duty of ordinary care and thus was negligent, resulting in damages to Plaintiff.
5. As a direct result of Defendant's negligence, Plaintiff sustained severe and progressive injuries to his body and person requiring medical treatment including surgical intervention. Plaintiff has incurred and is continuing to incur medical bills. Further, Plaintiff has and will suffer pain of body and mind, has sustained permanent impairment, and has lost income.
WHEREFORE, premises considered, Plaintiff prays judgment against Defendant for damages in excess of $75,000.00, exclusive of interest and costs together with the costs of this action, for prejudgment interest, and for any further relief to which Plaintiff is entitled at law or in equity.
Outcome: Settled for an undisclosed sum and dismissed with prejudice.